Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Cafe Supervisor provides a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, cost control, and sales for coffee, specialty drinks, and various food items in the Tatoosh Café. Complete guest transactions and assist employees with voids, corrections and related situations in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner. Provide daily supervision and direction for café employees; create and monitor weekly shift schedule.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Train and schedule staff; monitor, problem solve, and supervise workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of tasks
Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; take food and beverage orders
Prepare requested food and/or drinks and deliver to guest
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register/POS system in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist employees with same
Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing
Receive and verify quantities of merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how to create specialty coffees and other drinks
- Strong sanitation habits; strong guest service abilities; actively look for ways to assist guests and co-workers
- Ability to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal; Phone system
- Specialty coffee machines and dispensers
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles