Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you detail-oriented? Are you reliable and dependable? If you answer is yes, then is for you!
We are hiring for a Office Administrator to join our team. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called “mini-Yosemite” for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers families and adventurers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
The Office Administrator is the first point of contact at the unit, and is responsible for the administrative tasks assigned to support the unit. The duties involves various aspects such as accounting, HR, payroll, receiving, purchasing, cash handling, recruiting, hiring, etc.
- Keep official Association records and execute administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Adhere to and promote GSI Hospitality Standards.
- Manage Unit Manager's calendar and independently schedule appointments. Screen incoming calls and correspondence, and respond independently when possible.
- Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to staff and monitors compliance.
- Direct preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for Board meetings.
- File and maintain Association documents and records. Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Act as an onsite Human Resources contact: maintaining and executing changes to employee files, preparing new hire packages, and coordinating benefits.
- Take and transcribe dictation, and compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel-related meetings, and accompany supervisor when requested.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Greet visitors in a pleasant manner.
- Answer phones with a polished manner, and accurately transfer high volume of calls to the appropriate departments. Operate multi-extension phone system.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by Unit Manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or previous experience as an administrative assistant or related customer service position. Ability to calculate basic mathematical figures.
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook.
- Great interpersonal skills required, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.