Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$12.00 per hour|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Paradise Inn Night Security provides overnight security by conducting and documenting regular rounds of all areas of Paradise Inn hotel and Paradise area employee housing. Maintain quiet hours and fire watch as management representative, respond to fire alarms. Ensure that all assigned areas are locked and secured.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Conduct complete and thorough rounds throughout Paradise Inn complex, both inside and outside of buildings
Check thermometers on refrigerators and boiler as directed
Document hourly rounds accurately
Monitor noise levels in guest areas and employee housing and respond as needed
Coordinate efforts with other overnight employees to ensure all tasks completed
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required
- Previous security or related experience strongly preferred
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to respond to and resolve noise and other disturbances in a professional and appropriate manner
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Able to resolve problems; refer to management as appropriate
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lift, carry, and push up to 5 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to stand and walk for the entire workday; climb steps regularly.
- Read and write work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly in order to be understood by same in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Phone system, portable radio
- No required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used