Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$12.00/hr |
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under supervision of the Manager, assist in the daily operation of the gift shop to maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and cost control. Complete guest transactions and assist clerks with voids, corrections and related special situations. Supervise Retail Clerks to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Monitor, problem solve, and supervise workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all retail tasks daily
Assist in training and scheduling of staff
Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist clerks with same
Attend and participate in safety meetings
Under guidance of Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre/ post season setup / teardown of gift shops
Receive and verify quantities of merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays
Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop experience strongly preferred
- Ability to learn and use retail POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Phone system and copier
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves