Do you have experience with housekeeping for a hotel? Do you believe that the guest is the most important person at the hotel? If so, this position is for you!
Big Sur Lodge managed by Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for work-ethic driven Housekeeper.
The Housekeeper performs skilled and routine maintenance and tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the unit.
- Clean assigned areas as directed by management and in compliance with the Company's "green" initiatives.
- Change linens and make beds.
- Dust and clean all furniture, picture frames, mirrors, windows, baseboards, carpet edges, inside and outside door panels, door ledges, and thresholds.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Clean and vacuum under beds, desk, gaming tables, and behind night stands.
- Check and replace all missing items in rooms, including soaps, shampoos, conditioners, hangers, clocks, ice bucket liners, hair dryers, brochures, and stationery, etc.
- Clean and ensure bathtubs, tub ledges, sinks, vanity shelves, toilets, bathroom scales, tissue box covers, and soap dishes are spot, mold, mildew, and dust free.
- Sweep and mop all bathroom floors.
- Dust all lights and sconces, make-up mirrors, and lampshades.
- Orders all paper and cleaning supplies for housekeeping, bellhops and lobby porters.
- Directs opening of the department each day with chore and floor assignments.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Notify Supervisor of all quality control issues or needed repairs pertaining to the housekeeping of the facility.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Two years experience in similar housekeeping position.
- Strong sanitation habits and an ability to learn and follow important safety precautions.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must withstand exposure to wet floors.
- Must be able to tolerate and work in cold and rainy weather.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
~Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.~
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.