Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of Lead EDR Cook, assist in the preparation and cooking of three meals per day in Employee Dining Room that are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications. Serve food to employees; maintain stock levels and cleanliness of work and eating areas.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Assist in preparation and cooking of food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
Maintain cleanliness of food preparation and employee dining areas
Maintain stock levels of employee meals, napkins, dining ware, plates, etc.
Serve food to employees in a friendly and courteous manner
Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High school education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn basic culinary terms and practices; able to follow basic recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, serving items, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts