|Division:||North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin|
Stehekin - Chelan County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$11.00 per hour|
This is a seasonal position that runs from Mid May to mid October.
The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards.
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders. Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs. Deliver check and completes transaction making accurate change when necessary.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by Company policy and law.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Handlers Permit and Class 12 Alcohol Service Permit required.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and grasp with repeated motion. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timeliness, urgency, humor and common sense.