Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Operate commercial laundry equipment to provide a daily supply of clean linens and employee uniforms for all park operations. Quickly and accurately sort and fold clean laundry by hand. Assist with check-in and check-out of employee uniforms.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Sort and load dirty laundry into equipment; operate machinery
Sort and fold by hand all clean laundry
Follow established safe handling procedures for linens potentially contaminated by blood borne pathogens
Provide courteous uniform assistance to employees
- Maintain cleanliness of offices and restrooms through vacuuming, sweeping, moping, dusting, wiping down fixtures, etc. regularly
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Withstand temperature extremes in warehouse and laundry, especially laundry area heat in summer months
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Commercial washer and dryer, rolling cart, laundry soap, general cleaning supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, latex and rubber gloves, rubber boots, apron, protective clothing covering exposed skin and wounds