Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Benefits:|| Possible year round for right candidate with benefits |
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The historic Paradise Inn is a 121 room hotel at the base of the world famous wildflower meadows of Mount Rainier. It offers guests a 200 seat dining room, cafe, and gift shop.
Through direction of hotel staff, provide excellence in all hotel operations, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, organization, cost control, and sales. Maintain control of all areas of the hotel, including rooms, food service, and retail. This is a hands-on position in order to lead and inspire managers and employees daily.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Train, on-board, and schedule staff; manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Ensure accurate and timely completion of inspections, inventories, staff evaluations, etc.
Conduct regular manager meetings and pre-shift meetings with front line associates ensuring clear and direct communication for the shift.
Attend and participate in Safety & Environmental meetings and National Park Service inspections.
Under guidance of Operations Manager and Retail Coordinator, participate in and provide working direction for pre/post season setup/teardown of unit operations
Manage payroll and applicable site specific budget
Maintain operation records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
Ensure that cash controls standards are met in cash handling and safe accountability ensuring accuracy, organization and security.
Ensure health and sanitation guidelines are followed and standards are consistently met in F & B units.
Ensure strong attention in food presentation, portion controls, and quality of product.
Ensure stock levels are consistently met through-out the operations ensuring availability in product and ease of shopping with strong attention to merchandizing programs.
Maintain a clean, sanitized and well organized operation.
Communicate and interact regularly and professionally with numerous people including Guest Services administrative staff and National Park Service representatives to ensure efficient operation of hotel
Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; management or related college degree strongly preferred
Five years (Paradise Inn) or two years (National Park Inn) restaurant and hotel experience required
National park hotel operations experience strongly preferred
Able to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
Possesses or is able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager and MAST/TIPS certifications (National Park Inn)
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others); combination safe
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves