Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$1,340 bi/wk|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for all aspects of Dining Room operations and floor management of busy 200 seat three meals per day restaurant. Manage food, beverage, equipment, and property to fulfill financial goals and company incentives. Control and manage all aspects of the restaurant operation to maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and cost control. Supervise Assistant Dining Room Managers, Servers, Bussers, Hosts, and Bartender to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from April to October with the option of year-round employment in a different role during the rest of the year.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all retail tasks daily
Train, on-board, and schedule staff
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including Food & Beverage Manager, Chefs and Cooks to ensure safe, professional, and efficient food service
Attend and participate in management and safety meetings
Under guidance of Food & Beverage Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown Dining Room
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, tips, and daily cash reports
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- National Park experience strongly preferred; six months restaurant management experience strongly preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation skills; alcohol service TIPS or MAST certification
- Basic computer knowledge & ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and food service POS systems
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and grill areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal, combination safe
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: goggles and gloves