Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Provide excellent customer service in the Reservations department by handling incoming calls and assisting with lodging reservations, information about the National Park, and operations. Maintain a high standard of communication and service with guests and interested visitors.
This is a seasonal position from March to October.
Answer incoming calls with a sense of urgency and professionalism, and minimizing wait time
Greet callers in a polite/positive manner, and promote Guest Services Hospitality Standards
Enter reservations, changes, cancellations, and group tour rooming lists accurately in the property management system
Promote and sell gift certificates using the property management system and mail/email certificate to customer
Assist the Reservation and Sales Manager with donation requests, group tour, meal reservations, reservation tally, and group forecast reports
Provide driving directions and information about lodging, dining, retail, and park facilities
Communicate clearly with front desk personnel regarding special requests, questions, or issues regarding a guest reservations
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; secondary education is a plus
- At least 6 months experience in an administrative position required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, common sense, and have a very strong attention to detail
- Computer experience with Windows operating system, MS Office software, and Visual one Property Management (preferred).
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to sit for long periods up to two hour stretches. Perform repetitive motions like bending, grasping, and typing.
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of visitors, co-workers and guests, and the ability to speak clearly in order to be understood by same in English
- Listen attentively to all callers
- Constantly communicate and receive written and verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment
- Typical office equipment (computer, multi-line phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others).
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles and gloves