Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$11.50/hr |
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The National Park Inn Night Porter provides overnight security and maintain cleanliness of all lobby and kitchen areas overnight including floors, prep areas, hoods, ovens, ranges, garbage cans, and walk-in coolers. Deep clean all areas to be ready for the next day’s service. Provide friendly and efficient service to guests, including checking them in and out of rooms as needed.
This is a seasonal position from April to October.
Clean kitchen area thoroughly, including sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing; empty grease from fryers
Deep clean floors, floor mats, garbage cans, ranges, and insides of hoods and ranges
Record temperatures of all refrigeration equipment and report problems as needed to kitchen management
Lock all food storage doors; ensure proper storage of all food and food-related items
Replenish fireplace wood supply from storage; lay and maintain fire
Vacuum and/or sweep all floor surfaces on hotel ground floor; periodically deep clean
Clean and sanitize all ground floor rest rooms; replenish rest room supplies
Check guests into hotel when front desk is not staff during overnight hours
Provide security in the hotel for guests and employees
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong sanitation habits
- Able to recognize when a problem has occurred and report it to management
- Able to work alone and with little or no direct supervision, using a checklist
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods in a sometimes wet environment
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and guests, and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- General custodial equipment including mop, broom, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Phone system, manual imprint credit card machine, commercial dishwasher
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, dust mask