Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to manage the kitchen of the Dining Room at the historic Paradise Inn?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for shipping, receiving, and rotating stock in the Paradise Inn kitchen. Assist in setting standards to adequately maintain the kitchen, food, and cleaning supplies. Maintain kitchen and storage areas to sanitation standards.
This is a seasonal position from April to October.
Receive documentation and goods from warehouse
Date product and rotate according to food handling process
Assist in setting up and maintain storage standards
Ensure proper maintenance, and cleanliness of all refrigerator walk-in areas
Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintain foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing production waste
Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule
Deliver product from lower storage to main kitchen
Ensure recycling program is followed in the department
Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Assist in placing orders with direction from the Food and Beverage Manager
Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn culinary terms and practices; able to prepare basic items by following recipes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 25 lbs. regularly, 25-50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods and climb steps regularly with heavy items
- Able to work in a hot environment and at an altitude of 5,400 feet
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts